Your privacy is our priority
RSVP Trust never sells your information and we never will. This has been our approach for almost 25 years - since we began - and we remain committed to it. This policy tells you what information we do collect from you, what we do with it, who can access it, and what you can do about it.
We always tried to avoid the ‘hard sell’ and concentrate instead on ‘friend-raising’ rather than fund-raising.
This policy is intended to give you transparent details of how RSVP Trust handles your personal data.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Make the generous decision to become a sponsor to bring hope to a child living in extreme poverty.
- Make a donation.
- Register for Gift Aid
- Sign up to our email list.
- Apply for a job to join our great team.
From other sources:
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder to check the accuracy of the address we hold.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and surname;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Whether you are a UK tax payer;
- Family, spouse or friends, when you are sponsoring a child jointly as part of a supporter group;
- Letters you write to your sponsored child;
- Records of your contact with us.
- If you travel overseas with us, we may hold a copy of your passport details, and travel insurance certificate, and flight details.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- For the administration of the child sponsorship programme. The benefits of becoming a sponsor include; sending you information about your sponsored child; their registered project; other relevant life events; child letters; responding to your queries and acknowledging the gifts you give. Receiving and sending your gift for your sponsored child’s birthday. During the festive season we try to send a Christmas card to every sponsor with an up to date photo of their child. There are instances where a sponsored child departs the programme for a number of reasons. We will notify you and ask that you consider sponsoring another child who we will link you with.
- To process the monthly sponsorship payment and any other donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To process your donations.
- To process your book orders.
- To provide the opportunity to write and receive letters from your sponsored child electronically.
- To keep you informed about our work
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION
- When you make a donation to us online, your bank details are never recorded or stored in any of our systems on completion of your transaction.
- We use donation services managed externally by PayPal, BT My Donate, Stripe and GoCardless.
We only email updates and news to people who have signed up to our email lists at events or on our website. Every email update has a one click unsubscribe link. The email list is held and managed externally by MailChimp.
From time to time we may send you information about our work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post.
We are committed to only sending information to those who have requested it. You can contact us through our website at any time to start or stop news updates. For email news, please use the link included in every group email to unsubscribe.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
If you sponsor a child with us, we share only your name with our partner agency in Rwanda so they can link birthday and Christmas gifts and your monthly donation with your sponsored child. No other details are sent to Rwanda. We may also share the basis of an enquiry you made about your sponsored child so that we can answer your questions. No other personal information is shared with our Rwandan partners.
We do NOT sell, share, or give your details to any third parties for any reason.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
RSVP Trust will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
RSVP Trust will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Thank you from everyone at RSVP Trust for your amazing support.