Can I join an RSVP team going to Africa?
From time to time RSVP takes small teams to Africa on mission. This is always on an invitation only basis.
However, you can register your interest with RSVP to be considered for a team.
Our process is as follows:
◦ We plan a mission trip and decide on the purpose of the mission.
◦ We agree dates of the mission that fit in with our Africa partners.
◦ Then we consider who has the gifts and skills that could be helpful to the purpose of the mission.
◦ Then we explore to see if those people are available on the dates we have agreed with our African partners, and able to join a team.
Things to note:
◦ We work in some very difficult environments and situations that are not suitable for some people to encounter.
◦ Because of this we purposely keep teams small and use strict criteria.
◦ Normally any invitation would be discussed 12 months in advance of the trip.
◦ The minimum contribution to the mission costs is normally £1,500.
◦ The Director, in consultation with the management team at RSVP, makes the final decision about who to invite.
◦ Trips normally last 10 - 21 days.
Registering your interest:
In order to register your interest in joining an RSVP Africa team, you will need to complete and return an information form.
You can download the form here:
MS Word format: AfricaForm.doc
PDF format: AfricaForm.pdf
Please complete the MS Word version on your computer and email back to us.
(Or fill out the PDF version and post to RSVP Trust, P O Box 55, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1UG)